From Hope to Higher Ground: 12 STOPs to Restoring America's Greatness
Author: Mike Huckabe
Mike Huckabee has an optimistic vision for what America can become with the right kind of leadership, a clear direction, and a people who are willing to believe that the World War II generation doesn't have to be the last "greatest generation."
As Governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee made remarkable and innovative changes. His ARKids First program led the nation in reducing the number of children without health care; his boat tour campaign helped pass an amendment to support conservation of Arkansas' vast natural parks, lakes, and rivers; and his Healthy Arkansas initiative, which gives incentives for people to make positive lifestyle changes, has been expanded into the national Healthy America initiative.
Now Governor Huckabee presents his prescription for America in the form of the twelve key things we need to STOP doing in order to become a stronger nation. Covering a range of controversial issues, Huckabee speaks out on:
- immigration and the shifts in America's job market
- the rising financial (and personal) costs of health care issues
- the need for music and the arts as part of our children's core education
- and the mishandling of taxes.
Having gone from the small town of Hope, Arkansas, to being chairman of the National Governors Association and influencing national policy, Mike Huckabee supports the American spirit of opportunity for all and believes every American can go FROM HOPE TO HIGHER GROUND.
Financial Management for Public, Health, and Not-for-Profit Organizations
Author: Steven A Finkler
Finkler provides a solid foundation in accounting and finance for policy makers and managers of government, health care, and not-for-profit organizations.
- Managerial accounting and key concepts of finance are covered first followed by financial accounting-all with a focus on public sector organizations.
- NewIncreased emphasis on the government sector and on the use of . Excel for Time Value of Money calculations, both within the chapters and in the assignment material.
- New Timely material such as Sarbanes Oxley, additional case studies, new Excel templates, and a substantially expanded ancillary package are highlights of the revision.
Table of Contents:
|Ch. 1||Introduction to financial management||3|
|Ch. 2||Planning for success : budgeting||33|
|Ch. 3||Additional budgeting concepts||78|
|Ch. 4||Understanding costs||126|
|Ch. 5||Capital budgeting and long-term financing||169|
|Ch. 6||Managing short-term resources and obligations||237|
|Ch. 7||Accountability and control||270|
|Ch. 8||Taking stock of where you are : the balance sheet||313|
|Ch. 9||Reporting the results of operations : the activity and cash flow statements||352|
|Ch. 10||Unique aspects of accounting for not-for-profit and health care organization||399|
|Ch. 11||Unique aspects of accounting for state and local governments||435|
|Ch. 12||Financial statement analysis||497|
|Ch. 13||Financial condition analysis||552|